I had seen several different ideas on various blogs that looked like blood splatter around the time of Halloween last year. Being a nurse, I've had real blood on my hands and I wouldn't want to duplicate that look.... Although, it may be fun to gross out the patients when I approach them with blood splattered nails.... I'll have to think about that one. ;)
I practiced on a few little fake nails before I got the hang of it. It worked best to put some polish in my palette & add some thinner so that it blew out in smaller splats. Just suck up a tiny bit and hold the pipette 6 inches or so away from the nail and squeeze the bulb at the top. Voila!
This was my messy setup by the time I finished:
On to the final design:
Just like when water marbling, there is always one nail that ends up looking the best. This is my favorite because I love how the blue did the squiggle circle in the middle.
- 2 coats of OPI Nail Envy as a basecoat (I wanted to keep the black from staining).
- 2 coats of Hard Candy - Wicked
- Splattered ChG - Laced Up
- Then splattered Sally Hansen - Blue Me Away!
- Then splattered Sally Hansen - Deep Purple
- Plenty of time to dry before applying OTD topcoat.